This list is a result of my research and the gracious recommendations from other Hawaii moms. If you would like to add a resource to the list, please send me an email via my Contact Form. I hope you will find this helpful! Mahalo!
- Bungie the Clown Show, Mililani Town Center – Every Monday, 10:30-11am (center stage). Clown show, storytelling and crafts.
- Keiki Club at Pearlridge Shopping Center - Tuesdays, 10:30am-12:oopm. “The Keiki club is a free membership program for children ages 0 to 12 years old. Free entertainment is offered each Tuesday from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and the location alternates monthly between Uptown and Downtown Center courts.”
- Toddler Time at Kahala Mall – Wednesdays, 10:30-11:30am (on holiday break until January 2011) “Join us every Wednesday for storytelling, sing-a-longs, crafts and other fun activities you and your keiki can enjoy together!”
Parent Support Organizations
- The Baby Hui - From their website: “The Baby Hui is Hawai‘i’s longest-serving parenting support organization. Our thriving network of neighborhood-based groups brings parents of young keiki together to share experiences, offer encouragement, and build relationships.”
- Families for R.E.A.L. (Resources and Early Access to Learning) - Various locations. From their website: “Families for R.E.A.L. is a school-based program of courses and activities for parents and their children, ages 0 to 5. Parents and children participate in the classes corresponding to their children’s ages once a week for eight to nine weeks to gain and share information and skills. Each course is offered at least three times (3 sessions) a year.” Informative article by the Honolulu Advertiser here.
- Keiki O Ka `Aina Family Learning Center - Their Poli’s Place program is geared toward infants and toddlers, including those with special needs. For children ages 3-5 years old, they offer a Parent Participation Preschool which is a traveling program that meets three times a week in different communities around the island.
- KEY Project (Kahaluu) - Toddler/preschooler program on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Hawaii.MomsLikeMe.com Playgroup, Central Oahu Regional Park (CORP) - Every Thursday, 10am-12pm. Enter on the Jack in the Box side of the park, the group meets in the first playground on the left.
Play gyms & classes:
- Gymboree – Pearl City, Kaimuki
- Kindermusik with Karen Valasek and Friends - Aiea, Honolulu (main site: Kindermusik)
- Musikgarten Hawaii – Waipio, Chinatown
- My Gym Hawaii – Kailua
- Ohana Music Together – Pearl City, Ward Warehouse (The Growing Nest)
- WeePlay & Learn - Honolulu (Ward)
Hawaii attractions for children:
Online links for activities for your tot:
Who is Champuru?Aloha, I'm Donna, known everywhere on the Internet as "Champuru." I was born and raised in Hawaii. I'm a Christian. I'm married to my best friend of 18 years, we struggled with infertility and successfully conceived via IVF (and by the grace of God!) in 2008. I resigned from my coveted "secure" government job to be a work-at-home mom to my 3-year-old daughter. Using my degree in Information Technology and the skills obtained in the marketplace, I started my own business. Now, I work from home, taking clients on a part-time basis, working in my PJ's while the little one sleeps. Life isn't always easy, but it's all good.