Post-Op

This probably isn’t one of the most flattering photos you’ll see of me, but this is one of the images that the doctor shared with Hubby and I at my post-operation appointment this afternoon. Taken by laparoscope, the pictures revealed quite a bit of scar tissue and endometriotic implants. Perhaps worst of all, my tubes appeared to have adhered themselves to the adjacent tissues and weren’t “floppy and mobile” which made our chances for a natural conception much less likely.

She stated the next steps systematically: make an appointment with an infertility specialist, start monthly DepoLupron shots to treat the endometriosis, and see what happens with the in vitro fertilization process.

Perhaps the most troubling was what the DepoLupron does. It temporarily puts me into menopause mode. Hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings. Oy, watch out, Hubby!

Some good news: The biopsy on the polyps came back negative, so at least that’s something to be thankful for.

As for our pursuit of parenthood, it looks like we have a long road ahead of us.

This entry was posted in conception / pregnancy, health & wellness. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Post-Op

1. Mahealani says:

Another thing to note about menopause is facial hair! ACK! I am glad you are okay Donna! Keep smiling girl!

2. Ray says:

good luck buddy, I’ll be praying for you

3. kgirl94 says:

…A long road that will have been worth it in the end. No matter what the outcome, you will have gone through yet another experience with hubby that can only bring the two of you closer together…

4. bri says:

wow, thanks for sharing that personal info with us, donna. i hope and pray that everything will work out for you guys!

5. lindy says:

wow ..what a photo! isn’t medical technology amazing!
    menopause symptoms??? like mama, like daugher ..kitchen mama that is 😉 I now can tell you all what I went thru …haha!
    knowing versus unknowing is a better place to be. now that you know, you and hubby can plan your future TOGETHER! Donna, you are a strong person & with hubby that’s double strength. Many would be envious of the special bond the two of you share! I love watching you two.
    luv you both,
    lindy

6. susan says:

what an amazing resemblance of your picture to kitchen mama’s alien that she gave birth to many moons ago. i wish you and hubby luck towards making your family complete. no matter how difficult the road might be, it’ll be worth it! both of you will make wonderful, loving parents.

7. shari says:

Sis I’m glad things are getting better…it may be a long road till being a parent, but at the end it will be well worth it…at the end if it’s not God wish to let you have kids he has something better planned for you and hubs…He does things for a reason…at the end atleast you still have Hubs in your life…love ya sis…

8. Muddy says:

Ewwww is that how we look inside? Yuck! It really does look like an alien baby. Thanks for sharing this very mind-opening (and body-opening) photo. I’ve never seen anything like this before.

Good luck with the baby making!

9. april says:

Hubby: Oh God, what IS that?

Me: I think it’s her tonsils…doh, I mean, her ovaries!

lol.

Godspeed with the babymaking. Blessings and prayers your way!

10. booyahman says:

this is a lot more of you than i expected to see. purely from a technology point of view, laparoscopy is very kick-a55. very. but i was saddened to hear about how the doctors interpreted what they saw. good news about the polyps tho!

what else can one say about things like this? trust in the Lord with all things before you.

11. Ryan says:

Now those would be some excellent shots to open a family album with. Glad to hear the biopsy was negative, and while not all the news is encouraging, sometimes simply knowing helps a lot. We’re keeping you in our thoughts.

12. Donna says:

Thanks, everyone, for the great comments — they made me laugh and also made me feel very encouraged. Well, except for Mahealani’s comment about the facial hair, that is. 😉

Mahalo for your love and support. More explicit details to follow, I’m sure. Thanks for reading and leaving a note!

13. lisa says:

Now THAT is the most personal photo I’ve ever seen, I think.

I’m glad there was good news about the biopsy. I am wishing you and your Hubby much strength, courage, and most of all hope.

14. Yuko says:

Wanting to be a mom, too, although I don’t have a partner yet, I worry already about that future myself… but your courage and openness to share fills me with much hope and certainty that all things do work out for the best. Even if we earthly folks don’t know it yet! Sending positive energy your way…

15. Pingback: hCG at champuru.net

16. Pingback: champuru.net » Baby’s Heartbeat

17. Pingback: champuru.net » His First Father’s Day

18. Pingback: A serving of champuru on Bytemarks Cafe « champuru.net | Mom Blogging and More

Comments are closed.